Friday, May 15, 2009

Show us Where you live Friday....Guest Room Edition....


Well, I am going to get this done on Friday like I am supposed to!! Kelly, over at Kelly's Korner has invited us to show our Guest Rooms this week and here's mine.....

It like most rooms is still kind of plain. We have grand plans to paint in the near future, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Soccer season is putting a huge dent in our free time right now, so I am hoping that once soccer ends by the beginning of June that we should be able to take care of things like painting, etc this summer.

This is what you see as you open the door to my guest room. it is actually right off of my family room. You can see the door in last week's post. It is the door in the family room the is near the fireplace and is closed. We keep it closed so that the dogs don't go in there and lay on the bed spreading their hair in even more corners of the house. Also, it keeps the kids from jumping on the bed. :) Yup, more boxes that need to be unpacked. They hold books that either need to be put on this book shelf or belong in the morning/computer room, but haven't gotten there yet.

As you round around coming into the room, you find the bookshelf and bed. The bookshelf contains textbooks from college and the decorations that I plan to try to use in here.
Here's the bed and bedside table. The table is actually one of the end tables that matches the one in the family room. The bed is from my grandparents house. I have the rest of the bedroom suit up in my master bedroom, so you will eventually see that in the house tour.

This cross stitch is on top of the bookshelf. Derke graduated from NC State, so since the mascot is the Wolfpack, the theme of this room will be NC State and Wolves. We plan on painting the room mostly white, with Red at the bottom and a Black Stripe around the top of the red (which would be about chair rail height). I cross stitched the wolf eyes for Derek when we were dating. He had to go on a scavenger hunt through my parents house to finally recieve them. He was fun to set that up. It hung above the steps at our old house, but it won't fit there at this house.

It is a funky picture, but I figure I would share the glass etching that is in the room too. It is of the logo for NC State. The base that it is on has lights that chage the color reflected into the cube.

This is the quilt that is on the bed in here right now. It fits, don't you think?? It is wolves. My Mother-in-Law made it for us.

It is quilted around each wolf in the fabric. The back is John Deere since that is where Derek works.


Hope you have enjoyed the guest room. I am kind of thankful that Kelly didn't pick Kids rooms yet, I am in the middle of trying to switch over the kids clothes from winter to summer, so it isn't very neat in there. :)

Looking forward to next week. Gotta figure out where I am going to put the things that are hanging out on the table in there. They just haven't found homes yet.

Until next week.....

No comments: