Tuesday, August 12, 2008

As you can tell....

Sunflowers reign supreme around here. I've had another bloom that I really like finally open up.
This one really strikes my fancy. I LOVE sunflowers in all of their yellowy goodness reaching up to the sun. But this one with it's red's and orange's and burgandy's, I just can't help myself. I almost think that it is my favorite!

Nothing too mcuh going on around here. Derk has been looking around for a new job. It is amazing how just putting your resume on Monster that you can have so many people contact you. His cell phone and our house phone rang all the time for about 2 weeks. Has finally started dwindling down to about 5 companies interviewing him, etc. He has gone to VA near where our parents live and now he's in SC interviewing with 2 other companies. Still has 1 more in VA, but not right near where our parents live. Trying to apply for jobs with Deere too, but they aren't at his factory.

I am not sure how I feel about all of this going on. He keeps asking me if it is ok that he is doing this and I tell him yes. I think I tell him that so that he can finally get back to the Derek that loves his job. It has not been an enjoyable time around here lately when he comes home from work. The project that he is working on has some extreme problems and the system for promotion where he works has pretty much laughed in his face. Derek is an employee that gives you his all and then some. He can't do anything half way. So his staying there is just putting a BIG damper on his being. He comes home frustrated and his temper is so short. The kids and I are taking the brunt of his unhappiness and I don't know how much longer we can to take it.

That being said, am I ready to be a "single" parent in the near future that is trying to sell a house so that we can move? I don't know the answer to that one either. The scheule that we keep around here is CRAZY to say the least. I don't know how I will be able to manage it by myself if it comes to that, but hopefully I willl find a way.

To better things........

Since Derek went on an interview in VA right near where our parents live, he stayed at his parents the night before and then went by my parents after the interview. Had him stop by there on the way out of town to take a peek at the fence that is at my parents house that had fallen down 6 months or so ago. Luckily, 2 hours later, he had it fixed and my mom was happy to have that taken care of. Then she came up with another project, but we will save that one for later. Since he was there, he picked up all of the goodies that my parents had gotten the kiddos. Madison recieved the rest of her birthday present from them, a Vera Bradley purse.

And Aric got a John Deere Bear that you stuff yourself. I didn't realize how hard it is to stuff a teddy bear! Those arms are skinny!!!

Dehlia got a dinosaur book and they kids all got 2 boxes of legos that we all enjoyed building with that night.

That being said, Deere things are a fixture in our house. Having Derek work for them created a monster. Whenever people in our family sees items that are Deere, they magically think of us needing them and therefore we have a LOT of Deere things. From tractor toys, to clothes, to salt and pepper shakers, to pictures, to blankets. I even made a quilt that had sunflowers (what are the odds there) and the entire back is Deere fabric. Gosh, even our house has Yellow siding with Green shutters!!! So I am always looking around for things that are Green and Yellow. I definitely perked up when I saw that Jen on CraftyGiveaways was giving away Irish Chain pieces that were green and yellow. Go head over there and register yourself for her giveaway. I really hope that I win though!! :)

Will keep everyone posted on how the job search goes. We've been straightening up around the house here in preparation. Not that straightening and purging is a bad thing. Figure that even if the job search thing doesn't work out, we got rid of a whole bunch of junk that we didn't really need was definitely a good thing!!!

No comments: