Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July....

We spent at the lake. Derek's parents have a place on Roanoke Rapids lake that they go visit peoidically so we decided to pick up Grandma at 8:30 am and head up there to spend the day. We got there and Aric immediately wanted to go fishing. Derek took him down to the dock and began to fish. The girls wanted to go into the lake, so they got on their swim suits to play on the small shore that is there. I went down to go and put some sunscreen on the kiddos and as soon as I got it on Dehlia and she got back into the water, she was screaming that there was an Ant on her. My

Aric's fish....
Originally uploaded by nclangs99
goodness. If she could just get a little bit more annoying!!! She decided that she was done and headed back up to the house. I finished Madison and she went back to the water. I went up on the dock to where Aric and Derek were fishing and had not even finished putting sunscreen on Aric and then Madison started in that there was a bee buzzing near her and that she was done! AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! I just wasted my time putting sunscreen all over those girls!!!!!! Here's one of the many fish that we caught at the lake. None of them were much bigger than this, so they all got thrown back, but we had a good time drowning the worms. Aric reeled in a good many of them. He was so excited everytime that there was a fish on the other end of the line. he has somewhat learned how to cast the line out too. Got him

Reeling one in....
Originally uploaded by nclangs99
practicing that a lot too. We would cast out his line and hand him back the pole, and he would be saying, "I caught a fish!" and start reeling in the line. Here's Aric reeling in a fish!!
Unfortunately, 9 out of ten times that he did this, there was NO fish. Therefore we would have to cast out the line again. I hope you can guess what would happen next. :) He is too cute thank goodness. While Derek had him downthere on the dock, he would sit right beside Derek "criss-cross applesuace" and not move a muscle til he "had a fish". Can't wait til he gets a little bit older and we can explain to him that fishing at high noon isn't going to work real well. The fish don't really like the hot sun. They tended to hide under the dock next door, so that is where we started aiming our line. Got the line stuck on the deck a few times too!!
Here's what Derek would do while he was over on the dock next door. Deck Surfing!!!! The dock is REALLY wobbly. Derek could just walk down the step and you could see the dock moving all around. I went over there one time and was really afraid that the dock was going to come down!!!

Derek deck surfing.....
Originally uploaded by nclangs99

No comments: